20 Ways to Pray for New Life in 2020
AS THIS NEW YEAR STRETCHES OUT BEFORE US, we have absolutely no doubt that the Lord has already gone ahead to prepare the way for Christ to be proclaimed. And part of His “going ahead” is inviting us to be part of His plan of redemption for this world, through our earnest, faith-filled prayers.
Would you specifically pray for the ministry of New Life in 2020 as we stand on the front lines for children and families? Specific prayer helps us to pray with clarity and focus, and builds our faith when we see God answer our requests. The staff has compiled a short list of the ways you can pray for us, and those we serve specifically. Your prayers and support mean more than you can possibly know. Thank you for standing with us in the battle.
1. Pray for our staff, that we may be channels of His love and compassion when reaching out to birth families and adoptive families. Pray that our words be healing and life giving, and that we have a hunger and thirst for the things of God. “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.” — Psalm 42:1
2. Pray for our birth moms, as they experience grief and loss in placing their babies through adoption. Pray that the Lord would sustain them, that they would turn to Him for comfort and peace. “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” — Psalm 147:3
3. Pray for more expectant moms to find their way into the loving arms of New Life Adoptions and to know they will be met here without judgment, but with the love and hope of Christ.
4. Pray that children adopted through New Life would develop a biblically based self-esteem, and they would realize that they are “God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus.” — Ephesians 2:10
5. Pray that New Life staff would have an ever-increasing love and hunger for God’s Word. “May my children grow to find your Word more precious than gold, than pure gold, and sweeter than honey from the honeycomb” — Psalm 19:10
6. Pray for the judges and attorneys that preside over New Life court cases. Pray that they rule with wisdom and act justly. “God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do”– Psalm 11:7
7. Pray for our waiting adoptive families to have patience and perseverance while waiting on God’s timing. “Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” — Hebrews 12:1
8. Pray for birth moms to find hope and healing in the Lord. “Find rest, o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.”– Psalm 62:5-6
9. Pray for our adoptive families asking God to protect their marriages, giving them the wisdom of how to proceed in tough and sometimes painful moments. “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” — Psalm 91:2b
10. Pray for wisdom as we plan for 2020. “God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.” — Ephesians 3:20
11. Pray for the New Life staff to continue being teachable and flexible. Sometimes the schedule at New Life can be hectic and overwhelming! “Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children…” — Deuteronomy. 4:9
12. Pray for strength and wisdom for adoptive parents as they raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. — Hebrews 12:9-12
13. Pray for a special hedge of protection for the children who have been placed for adoption through New Life. “Have you not put a around him and his household and everything he has? — Job 1:10
14. Pray for New Life as we meet the financial and practical needs of the women we serve, that God would supply all the funds needed through generous donors. “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:19
15. Pray for humility for the staff, for yourselves, for our nation. Pray that we think less about ourselves so there is more room for God and for loving people around us. Pray that we reset our posture to one of gratitude and humility before the Lord who has done everything for us! “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.” — James 4:10
16. Pray for the health of our staff and their families. Satan uses illness as a tool to distract us from the things of God. Pray for protection against these ills.“I pray that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.”– 3 John 1:2
17. Pray for courage and conviction for that which we are called. Each of us is called to ministry. Pray for our staff as we confidently walk through the doors God opens for us. “In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?”– Psalm 56:4
18. Pray for God to expand awareness of our ministry in our community, and bring those who need hope to the doors of New Life. “Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me.”– I Chronicles 4:10
19. Pray for an outpouring of generosity from among God’s people so that the 2020 New Life budget will be fully funded, allowing us to serve more women and children this year. “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”– 2 Cor. 9:11
20. Pray for the staff as they walk through the doors that God has already opened to reach countless more people with the Good News of Jesus, and that He remove any obstacles from those that will receive Christ as their personal Savior. “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures.” — 1 Cor. 15:3